Aims and Scope
The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism may be the world’s leading peer-reviewed journal for endocrine clinical research and medical training information. Each problem provides coverage that is up-to-date of developments that enhance our comprehension of pathophysiology, diagnosis and remedy for hormonal and metabolic disorders. average attributes of unique interest include initial reports of essential improvements in patient-oriented hormonal and metabolic research, individual views on endocrinologic subjects, medical studies, medical reviews, medical training directions, and instance reports.
- Clinical Research Article
- Case Report
- Page to your Editor
- Page to your Editor Reaction
- Reports and tips
- Clinical Practice Guideline
- Clinical Practice Guideline Meta-analysis
- Clinical Practice Guideline Systematic Review
- Clinical Practice Guideline Correspondence
- Policy Attitude
- Analysis Guide
- Scientific Statement
- Consensus Statement
The next types of articles, including preprints from recognized repositories, is going to be considered for book:
- Clinical Research Articles are original, investigative, clinical studies according to formerly unpublished information. There aren’t any top or reduced word/figure/table restrictions. All numbers and tables must certanly be initial.
- Instance Reports (no further available for distribution after 1, 2019) are descriptions of a case that provides insights into a condition’s pathogenesis, presentation, or management september. Manuscripts will routinely have 1,200 terms or less, without any significantly more than two numbers, two tables, and ten sources. All numbers and tables must certanly be initial.
- Mini-reviews should deal with subjects worth focusing on to medical endocrinologists and endocrine medical investigators, including scholarly updates concerning the molecular and biochemical foundation for normal physiology and illness states; the advanced in diagnosis and handling of hormonal and metabolic problems; as well as other subjects strongly related the training of medical endocrinology. Unless the mini-review is formally invited by the editors or Endocrine Society staff, writers will include a prospectus with a short narrative of this mini-review’s purpose and range, an overview explaining its articles, in addition to CVs of most writers included. These manuscripts can range between 2,000 words to no more than 5,000 terms. Writers ought to include a quick area explaining the search methods utilized to have information for the mini-review. In the event that writers go for formerly posted numbers or tables, they have to stick to the recommendations beneath the Publication Fees area.
- Meta-analyses should give attention to particular efficacies of diagnostic procedures or remedies. The presented manuscript must be based on an in-depth analytical analysis of data found by the exhaustive search of currently posted and appropriate peer-reviewed manuscripts. Submissions of the kind must add a plan and a narrative statement. There aren’t any restrictions on term count, quantity of figures, or amount of sources. All figures and tables should be initial.
Advice and Comment
- Editorials are viewpoint articles by the journal’s Editor-in-Chief or a co-employee Editor and can typically deal with a prompt policy matter of quite high value to endocrinologists. Editorials carry no numbers or tables and have now a maximum of eight sources.
- Commentaries are viewpoint articles invited by the Editor-in-Chief that may examine ideas and findings recently introduced in to the clinical record that have actually exemplary interest. They’re typically around 1,000 terms in total, needs to have a maximum of eight sources, while having no numbers or tables. Commentaries must not cite unpublished work or information.
- Views provide a viewpoint that is new policies and generally speaking accepted maxims and methods in endocrinology that warrant closer examination according to extremely current newly posted information. They need to cite literature that is relevant are typically no more than 2,400 terms and also a maximum of 25 references. Views should not cite work that is unpublished information, and any numbers should provide just general generalizations, maybe maybe not brand brand brand new information. Numbers should be initial. Views are submitted by invite through the Editor-in-Chief.
- Letters into the Editor should discuss just articles posted in this log, and become submitted within 2 yrs associated with article’s last book. Letters must be a maximum of 500 terms in total, do not have more than eight sources, and should never cite work that is unpublished information. Letters will likely to be posted during the discernment regarding the Editor-in-Chief. Writers of accepted letters see web web page proofs before book. Just changes to fix grammar that is inadvertent/introduced spelling inaccuracies are allowed. Regular book costs apply. No numbers or tables are allowed. The name regarding the format should be followed by the letter of “Letter towards the Editor: Title of initial article being Discussed”. When your name perhaps maybe maybe not follow this structure, it shall be standardised by the publisher.
- Letters into the Editor reactions respond to a Letter to Editor at no greater size as compared to initial page. Writers whose tasks are talked about in a page to your Editor will typically be invited to provide an answer. If accepted, writers might find page proofs before book. Only changes to fix inadvertent/introduced sentence structure and/or spelling inaccuracies are allowed. No numbers or tables are permitted. The title associated with format should be followed by the letter of “Response to Letter towards the Editor: Title of initial article being Discussed”. When your name perhaps perhaps perhaps not follow this structure, it will be standardised by the publisher.
- Reports and web sites suggestions present a directory of the proceedings and conclusions of non-Endocrine community work groups, task forces, along with other collaboratives. They shall be susceptible to peer review and must certanly be modifiable in reaction to criticisms. They’ve been typically a maximum of 3,600 terms in total. All numbers and tables needs to be initial.
Endocrine Community Statements
- Clinical Practice instructions are produced by an Endocrine Society appointed task force, are proof based, and provide graded medical training guidelines. They are developed with input from community committees and users.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Meta-analyses are commissioned by the Endocrine Society to present analyses that are statistical help its Clinical Practice recommendations.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Systematic Reviews are commissioned because of the Endocrine Society because of its Clinical Practice tips. These reviews address a precise question that is clinical gathering and summarizing empirical proof that fits pre-specified eligibility requirements.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Communications are derivatives associated with community’s Clinical Practice instructions that health health supplement or touch upon developments into the condition area because the period of publication of the Guideline.
- Policy views are derived from founded Society policy roles and produced by the Advocacy & Public Outreach Core Committee with input through the membership.
- Research Guides are produced by an specialist group that is writing input from community committees and account.
- Scientific Statements are developed with a writing team beneath the way of a Endocrine Society appointed Chair with the aim of synthesizing research and determining gaps into the clinical literary works. They are developed with input from community committees and people.
- Consensus Statements offer an extensive assessment by a specialist panel of a clinical or medical problem which could consist of ungraded suggestions. Submitted by Endocrine Society work teams, other society that is professional teams, task forces, as well as other consortia which include the Endocrine Society.
Utilization of Peer Review: All submissions are at the mercy of peer that is external as instructed by the journal editors, other than (1) Endocrine Society Statements, which are evaluated by the Endocrine Society and selected outside professionals, and (2) conference abstracts, which, whenever posted being health supplement to Journal associated with the Endocrine Society, have now been reviewed by the Endocrine Society’s Annual Meeting Steering Committee.
Concerns? Please direct any concerns to [email protected]
Publication Costs and Start Access
To learn more about the many benefits of account within the Endocrine Society, please go to the known Member pros page associated with Endocrine Society’s internet site.
Web Web Page Costs
- Endocrine Society users: $99 per PDF web web page
- Non-members: $119 per PDF page
- Endocrine Society users: $235 per color figure
- Non-members: $735 per color figure
Optional Upgrade to open up Access
Writers have the choice of earning their article start Access by having to pay yet another $3,000 for Open Access book, which include a license that is cc-by PubMed Central full-text deposit, and free access regarding the log web web site.
Discount for Transfers from bioRxiv
If you distribute your manuscript towards the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism using bioRxiv’s Direct Transfer choice (B2J) through Editorial Manager which is accepted for book, it is possible to claim a single-use code entitling one to a $250 discount on your own manuscript’s publication costs, with the exception of the CC-BY Open Access choice, if it’s posted in 2019, or perhaps a 10% discount on your own manuscript’s book charges, like the CC-BY Open Access choice, when it is published in 2020. To claim a price reduction, compose Antoinette P. Wrighton at [email protected]